Mount Airy, NC

Amusement Through My Lens
Welcome to my colorful world as explored through my camera lens, adding a little imagination. All photos on this blog are mine, (shot by me) unless specifically stated otherwise. Thank you for coming by!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Our first snowfall...



It started snowing around lunch time on Sunday till late that night. The first snow fall this year and it may be our last.

I got up early on Monday, I put the fire on and made a cup of coffee. I bundled up really well, grabbed my camera and stepped out to capture the beauty of the snow until the predicted hot day melts it all away.


 The sun was just about to peak from behind the line of trees far on the other end of the cemetery.
My house is located across the street from this old cemetery, some graves date back to 1830's.



























 This is my garden buried in snow. I love the blue paint on the apartments right behind my house. Especially against the white glow of snow.































I took this last shot and as you can see, sun was already nice and bright. The beauty of white only lasted till about lunch time. I am so glad to have captured it that morning. 

Though I was also glad to head back inside to my nice cup of hot coffee and toasty fireplace. I enjoyed the rest of the snow from behind the windows instead.  

2 comments:

Creative Grammie said...

Love your photo montage! I feel the cold! I was in Dallas until the first week of Feb. My GF called to say it snowed the day after I left.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos.
Warm hugs of aloha!

Shirley said...

I love your winter pictures. I enjoy doing picture puzzles with winter scenes and you have some pictures that would make great puzzles. We had a little snow this morning and a little this evening. It only stuck to the grass and won't last long. Have a great weekend. Take care. A Missouri Friend.